CreateChildView

Bill Greenley

DataAdapter = daABC
DataSet = dsABC
3 tables: A, B, and C all returned by a single parameterized Stored
Procedure
Relations = AB and BC
Grid #1 = dgA
Grid #2 = dgB

DataSource for dgA is dsABC
DataMember for dgA is A

after the daABC.fill() I did a set nested = true for both AB and BC, did a
writeXML and looked at the resulting file. All three tables were written as
I expected. So, the dataset is being filled. ShowDetails on a row in dgA
is clicked and the code fires for dgA.SelectedIndexChanged.

I can't seem to get the CreateChildView code to work to populate dgB

Suggestions please. tia

Bill Greenley

I'm making progress.

My problem seems to be a page postback issue after I "select" a row for
which I'd like to see its details. If I populate both the master and detail
datagrids right away after a button is pushed that uses a couple text boxes
for the Stored Procedure parameter values and show the detail for row 0 in
the master grid, it works fine!

If I show master grid, and then select a row and then try to populate a
detail grid, my tables, etc are "missing".

Newbie syndrome