    in the config fileĆ ? What do you think about this kind of approach?

    Thanks for the answers
    Cyril

    cyril, Jan 14, 2004

  2. cyril

    Keith Guest

    This is a solid standard approach. Take into
    consideration though that not all SQL Server databases
    will be the same, and that each solution will handle
    roles and permissions differently. More importantly,
    don't forget you might encounter combinations where you
    authenticate off of a domain but need to cross reference
    user account information in SQL Server about that user.
    The safest approach is to create a shell and customize as
    needed. No two projects tend to be alike unless you're
    working from a single organization with a single approach
    for authentication.

    Good luck!

    and to use it in
    >several projects. Also, my service should implement

    windows, forms,
    >sql Server or LDAP authentication.
    >My first thought was to use the factory pattern to

    choose "on the fly"
    >the appropriate authentication mode (you just have to

    change the line

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004