creating ActiveXobject in mozilla, invoking shell commands.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mohd Ebrahim, Jul 11, 2010.

  1. Mohd Ebrahim

    Mohd Ebrahim Guest

    Hi,

    I'm unable to run the below script in the mozilla browser, i get error
    'ActiveXobject not defined'. Is there an alternate way of fixing this in
    mozilla?

    kindly send me the code or resource links

    kindly suggest.

    <head>
    function execute()
    {
    var obj = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" ) ;
    obj.Run("notepad.exe") ;
    }

    </script>
    </head>
    <button onclick="execute()">open Notepad</button>

    Mohd Ebrahim, Jul 11, 2010

  2. Mohd Ebrahim

    Jason Keats Guest

    https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/ActiveX

    Jason Keats, Jul 11, 2010

  3. Mohd Ebrahim

    Cubaman Guest

    On Jul 11, 3:06 pm, Mohd Ebrahim
    <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm unable to run the below script in the mozilla browser, i get error
    > 'ActiveXobject not defined'. Is there an alternate way of fixing this in
    > mozilla?
    >
    > kindly send me the code or resource links
    >
    > kindly suggest.

    >  <head>
    >      <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    >          function execute()
    >          {
    >            var obj = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" ) ;
    >            obj.Run("notepad.exe") ;
    >         }
    >
    >     </script>
    >  </head>
    >     <button onclick="execute()">open Notepad</button>

    Firefox does not support ActiveX technology for multiple reasons.

    * ActiveX is only available on Windows operating systems, and as a
    result webpages that require it will not work on Linux or Mac.
    * ActiveX integration with the Windows operating system has made
    it a target for malicious software.

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-us/kb/activex

    Best regards.

    Cubaman, Jul 12, 2010