Creating an Active Desktop Window

rodmc

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can create an Active Desktop window from within
a Python script? It would also be good to know how to refresh that
window and nothing else.

At present I have an application which writes to a file which is read
by the Active Desktop (embeded IE), then a refresh command is issued
which refreshes the whole screen. This is a bit clumsy and also the
user needs to manually set up the Active Desktop component.

I have been looking around for some solutions to this and as of today
my book on PyWin32 has still not arrived.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Best,

rod

Roger Upole

rodmc said:
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can create an Active Desktop window from within
a Python script? It would also be good to know how to refresh that
window and nothing else.

At present I have an application which writes to a file which is read
by the Active Desktop (embeded IE), then a refresh command is issued
which refreshes the whole screen. This is a bit clumsy and also the
user needs to manually set up the Active Desktop component.

I have been looking around for some solutions to this and as of today
my book on PyWin32 has still not arrived.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Best,

rod

The ActiveDesktop interfaces aren't in Pywin32 yet, but
they should be in the next release, as part of the win32com.shell
package.

Roger