Creating an instance of Internet Explorer ...

Harish Mohanbabu

Hi,

How to create an instance of Internet Explorer from classic ASP? I want
to create an instance of IE and then subsequently load a webpage through
this object.

I am aware of creating web pages through scripting.

Thanks in advance,

*********************************
Long way to go before I sleep ..

William Morris

I don't believe what you're asking can be done with ASP code, since ASP is
processed on the server. If you're wanting to open a new window on the
client machine, that you can do with client-side javascript window.open()...

Harish Mohanbabu

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply.

As I had mentioned earlier, I am aware of opening windows using scripts.

I need to create an instance of Internet Explorer through classic ASP
more as a proof of concept. May be is there any 3rd party component
available for this task?

Thanks,

Harish M

*********************************
Long way to go before I sleep ..

Mark Schupp

Are you looking for a way to create an instance of IE on the web-server?
There would be no desktop for it to interact with.

Harish Mohanbabu

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I have to demonstrate this code (if I was successful) directly in
development web server to my PM. I have to create an instance of IE,
load a web page, do some processing and ultimately kill the instance.

If it was not possible for me to create an instance of IE directly from
ASP, then always I can create a COM Component from VB and invoke this
from ASP. But I am keeping this as last resort.

Thanks,

Harish Mohanbabu

Long way to go before I sleep ..