    Thanks in advance,

    *********************************
    Long way to go before I sleep ..

    Harish Mohanbabu, Feb 17, 2004

  2. I don't believe what you're asking can be done with ASP code, since ASP is
    processed on the server. If you're wanting to open a new window on the
    client machine, that you can do with client-side javascript window.open()...

    --
    William Morris
    Product Development, Seritas LLC

    William Morris, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Hi William,

    Thanks for your reply.

    As I had mentioned earlier, I am aware of opening windows using scripts.

    I need to create an instance of Internet Explorer through classic ASP
    more as a proof of concept. May be is there any 3rd party component
    available for this task?

    Thanks,

    Harish M

    *********************************
    Long way to go before I sleep ..

    Harish Mohanbabu, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Harish Mohanbabu

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Are you looking for a way to create an instance of IE on the web-server?
    There would be no desktop for it to interact with.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Hi Mark,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I have to demonstrate this code (if I was successful) directly in
    development web server to my PM. I have to create an instance of IE,
    load a web page, do some processing and ultimately kill the instance.

    If it was not possible for me to create an instance of IE directly from
    ASP, then always I can create a COM Component from VB and invoke this
    from ASP. But I am keeping this as last resort.

    Thanks,

    Harish Mohanbabu

    Long way to go before I sleep ..

    Harish Mohanbabu, Feb 18, 2004