Creating pivot table

myperl

Hi,

I am bringing the data to an excel sheet and showing it as a report
through perl. Now my requirement is to produce a pivot table on the
same data and show it.I am using win32::OLE in my perl code to bring
the sheet. If some have an URL or code example will be great.

Thanks

Thrill5

myperl said:
Hi,

I am bringing the data to an excel sheet and showing it as a report
through perl. Now my requirement is to produce a pivot table on the
same data and show it.I am using win32::OLE in my perl code to bring
the sheet. If some have an URL or code example will be great.

Thanks

As far as I know you can't create a pivot table in Excel using OLE. This is
an Excel problem, not a Perl problem.

Scott

A. Sinan Unur

As far as I know you can't create a pivot table in Excel using OLE.
This is an Excel problem, not a Perl problem.

I don't have time to try this right now but it looks possible (at least in
Excel 2003).

To the OP, open Excel, go to Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic Editor. Press
F2 to get the Object Browser. Note the classes whose names begin with
Pivot.

See http://www.unur.com/comp/ppp/perl-win32-ole-excel-ex1.html for an
example of how to get an Excel object via OLE. Once you have that, it looks
like a matter of figuring out the right order of calls. Give it a shot, and
report any problems you encounter.

Sinan