    same data and show it.I am using win32::OLE in my perl code to bring
    the sheet. If some have an URL or code example will be great.

    Thanks

    myperl, Feb 20, 2007

  2. myperl

    Thrill5 Guest

    "myperl" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am bringing the data to an excel sheet and showing it as a report
    > through perl. Now my requirement is to produce a pivot table on the
    > same data and show it.I am using win32::OLE in my perl code to bring
    > the sheet. If some have an URL or code example will be great.
    >

    > Thanks

    As far as I know you can't create a pivot table in Excel using OLE. This is
    an Excel problem, not a Perl problem.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Feb 20, 2007

  3. "Thrill5" <> wrote in

    > "myperl" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am bringing the data to an excel sheet and showing it as a report
    >> through perl. Now my requirement is to produce a pivot table on the
    >> same data and show it.I am using win32::OLE in my perl code to bring
    >> the sheet. If some have an URL or code example will be great.

    > As far as I know you can't create a pivot table in Excel using OLE.
    > This is an Excel problem, not a Perl problem.

    I don't have time to try this right now but it looks possible (at least in
    Excel 2003).

    To the OP, open Excel, go to Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic Editor. Press
    F2 to get the Object Browser. Note the classes whose names begin with
    Pivot.

    See http://www.unur.com/comp/ppp/perl-win32-ole-excel-ex1.html for an
    example of how to get an Excel object via OLE. Once you have that, it looks
    like a matter of figuring out the right order of calls. Give it a shot, and
    report any problems you encounter.

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Feb 20, 2007