Creating Usable Page Templates in ASP.NET

Guest

I came across a page templates article recently and successfully implemented
it on a small website. I have a couple of issues with it though so I e-mailed
the author of the article directly a couple days ago but didn't receive a
response. I'm hoping someone who is familiar with the article could provide
some feedback on the issues below:

* In a web form that uses the template, the design view does not render the
page content because all the code is inside the template control tag. In
addition, I loose intellisense in the HTML view. Is there a way to get these
functionalities?

* In a web form, I have a repeater that contains an asp:button control in
the itemtemplate section. When I click on the button in a browser, the
OnItemCommand event method is not fired. If I place the repeater outside of
the template control tag, the event is fired. Do you know the cause of this?

Any information on the above is greatly appreciated. The article can be
found here:
http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/18011