Creative New UserGroup

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gervas, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Gervas

    Gervas Guest

    As you are all aware the Web has had a major impact on application
    architectures. In place of closed monolithic enterprise apps we are
    experienceing radical new developments in distributed computing
    structures. Two salient recent developments are:

    [1] Web-facing n-tier client/server AppServers based mainly on J2EE
    and .NET platforms;

    [2] The birth, overhype and hesitant growth of Web Services;

    [3] The promotion of Web Services has also caused vendors of
    application software and the larger customers to become more aware of
    Service-Orientated Architectures (SOA).

    Database structures are also beginning to come into question as the
    shortcomings of predominant RDBMS systems are increasingly being
    exposed by new globalised application interactions.

    With a view to addressing these issues and the simple question of
    where do we go from here, I have just formed a new Next-Generation
    Applications Architectures Group. So why don't you come, have a look,
    join and contribute to what promises to be a highly creative Group
    without technology-as-a-religion shackles?!

    See you soon,

    Gervas

    Moderator

    Next-Generation Application Architectures Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/n-gaa/

    SOA Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/service-orientated-architecture/

    Jini/JavaSpaces Group