Crossbrowser iframes

Christopher Benson-Manica

I'm trying to script iframes so that the script works in NS 6 and
higher and IE 5.5 and higher. I tried

var doc=window.document.getElementById( 'iframeName' ).contentWindow

but the contentWindow property is not supported by IE 5.5. Is there
some other property of the iframe object that will work and be more
portable, or will I have to try to detect what the user's browser
version is?