Crypt::OpenPGP memory use

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Bing Du Test, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Bing Du Test

    Bing Du Test Guest

    Greetings,

    Has anybody had experience with Crypt::OpenPGP, specifically decrypting
    large files?

    my $plaintext = $pgp->decrypt(
    Filename => $encryptedfile,
    Passphrase => $pass,
    );

    In my case, the original file in clear text is about 50M. After
    encrypted, it's about 10M and stored in $encryptedfile. It appeared
    that decrypting $encrytedfile eat A LOT memory like 300M+, I had to
    terminate the decrypting process in fear that too much mem use could
    affect the system negatively. Just want to know if I picked the wrong
    module in the first place? Or are there any workarounds? Anyway, I
    appreciate any help at this point.

    Bing

    Bing Du Test, Jul 7, 2003