Crystal report PrintToPrinter in ASP.NET

CAradhana

hello all,

I'm having problems printing to a network printer from the server
using ASP.NET.

I set the name of the printer using
oRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "\\\\server\\printer"

and then I am using,

oRpt.PrintToPrinter(1,false,0,­0)

I get an exception thrown stating "Invalid printer specified"

I've tried referencing the printer by share name but still it is not
working

I have changed registry settings for the printer, I copied the printer
settings from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive to the HKEY_USERS/.DFAULT
hive.

also i made changes in machine.confige file. Instead of username
"machine" i am using "SYSTEM" in <ProcessModel> tag.

still its not working ....

Any ideas?

cheers
Aradhana

Elton Wang

Hi CAradhana,

Even you change username from machine to SYSTEM, still the
user is not a domain user, unless you add it to domain.
Hence it can't access domain resource, such as network
printer.

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)