Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JJA, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. JJA

    JJA Guest

    Where is the best place to post questions about Crystal Reports for
    Visual Studio .NET 2003?

    The HELP included with VStudio 2003 for Crystal is not enough for me at
    this time. I am trying to find the best place to direct questions for
    Crystal Reports. Apparently, lots of people have faced the same issue
    because I see many postings in all different types of groups.

    As I read the BusinessObjects.com take on this issue, CR within VStudio
    is an "OEM" implementation and they direct you to the OEM vendor for
    information about service packs, hot fixes, etc.

    My question is pretty straightforward:

    How do I assign a meaningful name (e.g. NOT "Text14") to a text object
    in a crystal .RPT file?
    - one tip somewhere said you rightmouse on the text object and then
    visit the COMMON tab where some control displayed the object name of
    the text box.
    ----> BUT this is not true of the VStudio 2003 version which provides
    no way to change the object name of a text object.

    Is there a best place for questions like this which are not VB or C# ?
    Thank you in advance for guidance on this...

    JJA, Oct 3, 2005