Crystal Reports with ASP.NET problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DKode, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. DKode

    DKode Guest

    Hello,

    i tried a couple of different ways to make this crystal report come
    up. here is my code:

    Dim ds As DataSet = Session("ds")
    Dim _startDate As String = Session("startDate")
    Dim _endDate As String = Session("endDate")
    Dim _startTime As String = Session("startTime")
    Dim _endTime As String = Session("endTime")

    paramFields.Add(SetupParameter("StartDate", _startDate))
    paramFields.Add(SetupParameter("EndDate", _endDate))
    paramFields.Add(SetupParameter("StartTime", _startTime))
    paramFields.Add(SetupParameter("EndTime", _endTime))
    crvReport.ParameterFieldInfo = paramFields

    Dim SReport As New Report
    SReport.SetDataSource(ds)
    crvReport.ReportSource = SReport
    'crvReport.ReportSource = "C:\Reports\CTSales\Report.rpt"

    This is all in my Page_Load of the report aspx page.

    if i set it like above, it shows the first page when i run the report,
    but once you click on next page button, it shows the gray box that i
    see in design mode.

    if i set it so the report source is a the path to the rpt file, it
    gives me a LogOnException.

    I have the rpt file in the directory above and within my asp.net web
    project.

    can someone please advise? i've tried alot of different things and
    can't seem to figure it out.
    DKode, Nov 5, 2003