CS0006 Error

Kent Boogaart

Hi all,

I'm working on a web project and am getting this error pretty consistently:
Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\myapp\2226cff2\a7f0a9f0\App_global.asax.vyn3iw3b.dll' could not be
found

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

To resolve I have to delete the temporary files for my web app. To do so I
need to shut down VS.NET and SQL Server, or restart my machine.

This is frustrating the hell out of me and I see that other people have had
the same issue. I read somewhere that this had something to do with an
identity setting in web.config but I do not have this setting.

I have read a couple of related reports in the product feedback on MSDN
here:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produ...edbackid=fa7ba064-6131-4b3f-a1a4-800c1ba84636
and here:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produ...edbackid=45e1cb11-74ad-4c97-b9fd-85de562988f7.
Both are listed as unreproducable.

This is killing my productivity and I'd be incredibly grateful for any
insight.

Thanks,
Kent