CS0006: Metadata file could not be found

Oleg Ogurok

Hi all,

Has anyone figured out how to avoid this problem?
According to Microsoft, signed assemblies are not supported in bin\
directory of a web application.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324519

My ASP.NET assemblies are signed, and I don't feel like changing
AssemblyKeyFile attribute back and forth.
Also, I can't automatically put the assembly into GAC because ASP.NET
projects in Visual Studio.NET don't support pre/post-build events.
Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
'm:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
files\myproduct\b8d797cd\9130c5c6\assembly\dl2\28f6995b\70376485_0c0ac501\mylibrary.dll'
could not be found

I'm getting a bit aggravated with the need to recompile my application twice
every time I make a change to codebehind.

Thanks.

-Oleg