CS0006: Metadata file could not be found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Oleg Ogurok, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. Oleg Ogurok

    Oleg Ogurok Guest

    Hi all,

    Has anyone figured out how to avoid this problem?
    According to Microsoft, signed assemblies are not supported in bin\
    directory of a web application.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324519

    My ASP.NET assemblies are signed, and I don't feel like changing
    AssemblyKeyFile attribute back and forth.
    Also, I can't automatically put the assembly into GAC because ASP.NET
    projects in Visual Studio.NET don't support pre/post-build events.
    -------------------
    Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
    'm:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
    files\myproduct\b8d797cd\9130c5c6\assembly\dl2\28f6995b\70376485_0c0ac501\mylibrary.dll'
    could not be found

    I'm getting a bit aggravated with the need to recompile my application twice
    every time I make a change to codebehind.

    Thanks.

    -Oleg
    Oleg Ogurok, Feb 3, 2005