CSharpCorner Just Published My Article : Multithreaded XML Documentfor Read/Write Access

General Protection Fault

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
Check me out:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2004/July/MultithreadedXmlDoc.asp

Multithreaded XML Document for Read/Write Access
by John Bailo

That's utterly retarded. Why not just bind the XmlDocument to a DataSet
if you want it to work like a database?

The XML classes are already thread-safe, and so is the DataSet.

Just create a XSD schema, then a master DataSet from it. Whenever a doc
comes in, do a DataSet.Merge() to bring in the new record.

Why would they publish that?!?

Jeff Relf

Hi Democritus Rising,

I think General Protection Fault is write about one thing,
C#'s routines for writing to ( unstructured ) XML fields
( e.g. DataSet.Merge() ? )
are Very probably threaded/mutexed already,

Hence, no need to check for collisions.

Jeff Relf

Hi Democritus Rising ( John B. ),

Re: My suggestion that C#'s routines for writing to XML fields
are probably threaded/mutexed already,
denecessitating collision checks.

You replied, <<
That is the stupidest conjecture I have ever heard. >>

John John John,

How could you ever know
if you fixed this ( imaginary ? ) collision problem
if you're not even sure whether it exists or not ! ?

General Protection Fault

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
Hi Democritus Rising,

I think General Protection Fault is write about one thing,
C#'s routines for writing to ( unstructured ) XML fields
( e.g. DataSet.Merge() ? )
are Very probably threaded/mutexed already,

Hence, no need to check for collisions.

My MCSD in .NET says I'm definitely right.