CSS Editor

Michael Fritz

Hi,

is there any freeware CSS editor available? Or which editor at low cost
price do you recommend?

cu,
Michael

Spartanicus

Michael said:
is there any freeware CSS editor available? Or which editor at low cost
price do you recommend?

Any ascii editor should do fine for CSS, so the question is what do mean
by "CSS editor"?

brucie

is there any freeware CSS editor available?

you can throw your css together with any plain text editor (just like
your html, js, php, perl, asp, c, java, vbs, etc, etc, etc) but one with
syntax highlighting for the languages you use is very yummy.

these are all free html editors. they already have css syntax
highlighting built in and usually have the ability to add syntax
highlighting for other languages (if its not already built in).

jedit: http://www.jedit.org/
nedit: http://www.nedit.org/
netpadd: http://www.netpadd.com/
araneae: http://www.araneae.com/
1st page: http://www.evrsoft.com/
crimson: http://crimsoneditor.com/
EZpad: http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
acehtml: http://freeware.acehtml.com/
notetab light: http://www.notetab.com/
tswebeditor: http://tswebeditor.net.tc/
html-kit: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
pspad: http://www.pspad.com/index_en.html
quanta (linux): http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
dirt&stick: http://bruciesusenetshit.info/editor/
notespad: http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
grey matter pro: http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
editpad lite: http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
stones webwrite: http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
matizha sublime: http://www.matizha.com/en/products/sublime/

-Art-

Hi,

is there any freeware CSS editor available? Or which editor at low cost
price do you recommend?

cu,
Michael
here is two that I found, both freeware

StyleAssistant
StyleAssistant was developed for the simple and comfortable production
by Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). It concerns format collecting mains
for HTML sides. There is the possibility more or less of equipping any
day with (meaningful) attributes. The CSS embedded in the HEAD segment
of the HTML Seite(n) affects the accordingly defined elements in the
HTML code (tags).
http://www.StyleAssistant.de
it's on a german site, put the program runs in english

and...

ScrollBar is a small tool to colorize the scrollbars in your web
pages. Save, load the color schemes and copy the generated CSS code to
the clipboard for use in your source code. Also an option to use the
Base Color only. All in one interface for easy use. [300 kb download]

http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/software/software.htm

-Art-

Jay

brucie said:
you can throw your css together with any plain text editor (just like
your html, js, php, perl, asp, c, java, vbs, etc, etc, etc) but one with
syntax highlighting for the languages you use is very yummy.

these are all free html editors. they already have css syntax
highlighting built in and usually have the ability to add syntax
highlighting for other languages (if its not already built in).

<snip />

I really like the dirt&stick editor for it's easy erase feature. I know
where all deleted items are from the markings of my foot. Do you plan to
market a weather-resistant add-on in the future?

John McGaw

Michael Fritz said:
Hi,

is there any freeware CSS editor available? Or which editor at low cost
price do you recommend?

cu,
Michael

I like Topstyle Pro but it is not a free product, just inexpensive. A trial
version of this is available. But if you want free and if you don't demand
all the bells and whistles you might be happy with their "Lite" version.
This is the CSS editor that comes along with products like Macromedia
Homesite and others. You can download either the trial or Lite verison at:
http://www.bradsoft.com/download/index.asp

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

kayodeok

these are all free html editors. they already have css syntax
highlighting built in and usually have the ability to add syntax
highlighting for other languages (if its not already built in).

[snipped list of html editors]

Why isn't EditPlus on that list ;)

Cameron

kayodeok said:
117621.news.uni-berlin.de:

these are all free html editors. they already have css syntax
highlighting built in and usually have the ability to add syntax
highlighting for other languages (if its not already built in).

[snipped list of html editors]

Why isn't EditPlus on that list ;)

PSH EditPlus? Emacs should be lol, let the vi users commence their
outrage ;)

~Cameron

Leif K-Brooks

Michael said:
is there any freeware CSS editor available? Or which editor at low cost
price do you recommend?

KWrite is nifty and free (beer and speech). I've heard good things about
Quanta, but never used it.