    http://gbyo.com/testNew/myncbi/index.shtml

    (As always, any help given is GREATLY appreciated!!!)

    -e

    ed, Jun 17, 2007

  2. ed

    dorayme Guest

    In article <2007061622033616807-user@superhoostcom>,
    ed <> wrote:

    > Hey Guys + Girls,
    >
    > I need a little help with a chunk of code. I've looked at it for so
    > long I my eyes are crossed... was hoping for a little assistance. In
    > firefox, the menu, mainnav and subnav on the left hand side looks as I
    > desire. In IE7, the menu has some really weird gaps above the subnavs
    > (as well as the "BLAST" top nav item) that I can not for the life of me
    > figure out. In IE6, the menu has the same bunch of gaps, with an
    > additional gap between each element. I'm mostly looking for an answer
    > to the IE7 gaps, but would love any help with the IE6 ones as well.
    >
    > The link is here:
    >
    > http://gbyo.com/testNew/myncbi/index.shtml
    >
    > (As always, any help given is GREATLY appreciated!!!)

    Did you at all check the CSS in a validator?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 17, 2007

  3. ed

    ed Guest

    Yup, I've validated both the CSS and the HTML.

    ed, Jun 17, 2007
  4. ed

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:03:36 GMT ed scribed:

    > Hey Guys + Girls,
    >
    > I need a little help with a chunk of code. I've looked at it for so
    > long I my eyes are crossed... was hoping for a little assistance. In
    > firefox, the menu, mainnav and subnav on the left hand side looks as I
    > desire. In IE7, the menu has some really weird gaps above the subnavs
    > (as well as the "BLAST" top nav item) that I can not for the life of me
    > figure out. In IE6, the menu has the same bunch of gaps, with an
    > additional gap between each element. I'm mostly looking for an answer
    > to the IE7 gaps, but would love any help with the IE6 ones as well.
    >
    > The link is here:
    >
    > http://gbyo.com/testNew/myncbi/index.shtml
    >
    > (As always, any help given is GREATLY appreciated!!!)

    From all I can C, this is a real ie bug (-checked in 6.) Here's what I
    came up with:

    On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0; (adjust
    margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li> following that,
    style clear:both;.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jun 17, 2007
  5. ed

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:34:31 GMT Neredbojias scribed:

    > On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0;
    > (adjust margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li>
    > following that, style clear:both;.

    Uh, meaning the _outer_ <li> following that... <damn />

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jun 17, 2007
  6. Neredbojias wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:34:31 GMT Neredbojias scribed:
    >
    >> On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0;
    >> (adjust margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li>
    >> following that, style clear:both;.

    > Uh, meaning the _outer_ <li> following that... <damn />

    <ul>
    <li>
    <damn />
    </li>
    </ul>
    :-?
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

    Edwin van der Vaart, Jun 17, 2007
  7. ed

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:57:09 GMT Edwin van der Vaart scribed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:34:31 GMT Neredbojias scribed:
    >>
    >>> On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0;
    >>> (adjust margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li>
    >>> following that, style clear:both;.

    >> Uh, meaning the _outer_ <li> following that... <damn />

    > <ul>
    > <li>
    > <damn />
    > </li>
    > </ul>
    >:-?

    The <damn /> was a non-normative and superfluous comment of mine meant for
    that message only.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jun 18, 2007