CSS Menu

Daan

I'm looking for a nice way to create a CSS dropdown menu, such as at
this site: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns

However, when I try to recreate the menu from this website, I (1) still
need to use JavaScript for IE and (2) the script generates an error such
that the menu won't even work!

Does anyone know what's wrong with the script, or can you perhaps point
me to another fancy drop down menu?
TIA,

Mark Parnell

They do work properly in Opera, assuming Javascript is available. When
Javascript is off they're a bit messy.

I remembered that it didn't work very well - didn't realise it was only
sans Javascript.
(No doubt that can be fixed though.)

So everyone keeps saying, but I haven't seen anyone actually do it yet.
:-(

Toby A Inkster

Mark said:
So everyone keeps saying, but I haven't seen anyone actually do it yet.
:-(

I guess nobody's bothered. The navigation system is still usable in these
cases, it just looks a little screwy. And it only effects, what, 0.1% of
visitors?

Whitecrest

I guess nobody's bothered. The navigation system is still usable in these
cases, it just looks a little screwy. And it only effects, what, 0.1% of
visitors

Discriminating against those 605,000 people eh.....

Toby A Inkster

Whitecrest said:
Discriminating against those 605,000 people eh.....

I *knew* someone would post that, and I had a pretty good idea who it
would be. As I said, "the navigation system is still usable".

For those interested, a slight improvement is here:
http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/devedge.netscape.com/index.html

However, it looks screwy in Mozilla. You need to use some kind of CSS
hiding trick to stop Mozilla seeing a small amount of Opera7-specific CSS.
I can't be bothered to figure out the details. The bit Mozilla doesn't
want to see is below the OPERA comment here:
http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/devedge.netscape.com/lib/css/cssjsmenuhover.css

Mark Parnell

I guess nobody's bothered. The navigation system is still usable in these
cases, it just looks a little screwy.

The top-level links still work, yes. Just frustrating, that's all. And I
don't know enough (or have the time) to play with it myself.
And it only effects, what, 0.1% of visitors?

That sounds like something Whitecrest would say...

Hang on, aren't you two arguing the wrong way around? ;-)

But the links do still work, as you say, which is the main thing.

Whitecrest

I *knew* someone would post that, and I had a pretty good idea who it
would be. As I said, "the navigation system is still usable".

And with luck you also knew I was being facetious.