CSS question.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Hugo de Payns, Nov 25, 2004.

  1. Good morning,

    On
    http://www.web-source.net/html_background_gradient.htm

    i found a tip to create an gradient background:

    style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
    startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

    For tables:

    style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
    startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

    Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but :)));

    can someone please explane to me how, (if possible) to fix this???

    TIA
    Hugo de Payns
    Hugo de Payns, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Hugo de Payns

    mscir Guest

    Hugo de Payns wrote:

    > Good morning,
    >
    > On
    > http://www.web-source.net/html_background_gradient.htm
    >
    > i found a tip to create an gradient background:

    > style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
    > startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">
    >
    > For tables:

    > style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
    > startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">
    >
    > Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but :)));

    This works on my IE6... in the head section of your page:

    <link href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

    in the style.css file:

    body {
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
    startColorstr='#FFdddd', gradientType='0');
    }

    Mike
    mscir, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Hugo de Payns

    rf Guest

    Hugo de Payns wrore:

    > i found a tip to create an gradient background:

    style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
    2',
    > startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

    This is IE only stuff. You will not expect it to work in real browsers.

    style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
    2',
    > startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

    See above. Also look at the "Microsoft" bit in there.

    > Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but :)));

    CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using a
    microsoft browser.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Hugo de Payns

    SpaceGirl Guest

    rf wrote:
    > Hugo de Payns wrore:
    >

    >>i found a tip to create an gradient background:

    > style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
    > 2',
    >
    >>startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

    > This is IE only stuff. You will not expect it to work in real browsers.
    >

    > style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
    > 2',
    >
    >>startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

    > See above. Also look at the "Microsoft" bit in there.
    >

    >>Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but :)));

    > CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using a
    > microsoft browser.

    ....which is most people. So your point is? :)

    *hides under her desk*

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Hugo de Payns

    rf Guest

    SpaceGirl

    > > CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using

    > > microsoft browser.

    > ...which is most people. So your point is? :)
    >
    > *hides under her desk*

    As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
    "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site :-( "

    Spacegirl, you know better than that :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Hugo de Payns

    SpaceGirl Guest

    rf wrote:
    > SpaceGirl
    >

    >>>CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using

    >>>microsoft browser.

    >>...which is most people. So your point is? :)
    >>
    >>*hides under her desk*

    > As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
    > "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site :-( "
    >
    > Spacegirl, you know better than that :)

    15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...? :p

    I'm just playing anyway. You know that I know better :)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Hugo de Payns

    Neal Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...? :p

    Let's say 15% of the world wants your product. But which 15%? ;)

    Reminds me of a sign I saw on a house - "Warning: This home guarded three
    nights a week by a man with a shotgun. Guess which three."
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  8. Hugo de Payns

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >
    >> 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...? :p

    > Let's say 15% of the world wants your product. But which 15%? ;)

    That's why you should always research your market well.

    > Reminds me of a sign I saw on a house - "Warning: This home guarded
    > three nights a week by a man with a shotgun. Guess which three."

    lol

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 25, 2004
  9. in alt.html, SpaceGirl wrote:
    > rf wrote:

    > > As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
    > > "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site :-( "
    > >
    > > Spacegirl, you know better than that :)
    > >

    > 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...? :p

    Lets think it this way: People that use some other browsers are usually
    powerusers of internet. Power users of internet are more likely do stuff
    in internet. Like actually buy something from net. So it could be that
    people using less used browsers are better customers.

    Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
    more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
    than I know people that have bought something that use IE. Too small and
    otherwise bad sample, but seems to support my theory

    Lauri Raittila, Nov 25, 2004
  10. "Lauri Raittila" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > in alt.html, SpaceGirl wrote:
    > > rf wrote:

    > > > As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states

    loudly:
    > > > "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site :-( "
    > > >
    > > > Spacegirl, you know better than that :)
    > > >

    > > 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...? :p

    > Lets think it this way: People that use some other browsers are usually
    > powerusers of internet. Power users of internet are more likely do stuff
    > in internet. Like actually buy something from net. So it could be that
    > people using less used browsers are better customers.

    You may be right!

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    http://www.italymap.dk
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Nov 25, 2004
  11. Hugo de Payns

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Lauri Raittila wrote:

    > Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
    > more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
    > than I know people that have bought something that use IE.

    If you consider only consider registered Opera users, then 100% of them
    have bought stuff online.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Nov 25, 2004
  12. Hugo de Payns

    C A Upsdell Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Lauri Raittila wrote:
    >
    >> Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
    >> more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
    >> than I know people that have bought something that use IE.

    > If you consider only consider registered Opera users, then 100% of them
    > have bought stuff online.

    Not necessarily 100%. Journalists can get free, registered copies. Also,
    see http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2002/05/20020528.dml .
    C A Upsdell, Nov 25, 2004
  13. Hugo de Payns

    Mimic Guest

    rf wrote:

    > SpaceGirl
    >

    >>>CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using

    >>>microsoft browser.

    >>...which is most people. So your point is? :)
    >>
    >>*hides under her desk*

    > As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
    > "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site :-( "
    >
    > Spacegirl, you know better than that :)

    48% of visitors to one of my site are non IE :p
    They range from ffox, opera, konqueror and safari, to realplayer browser
    and webtv :p

    --
    Mimic

    "In order to step out of the box, you must first be in the box."
    "The voices have stopped now. But they had some good ideas."
    "Pain is free and there to be enjoyed."
    ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]
    Mimic, Nov 25, 2004
  14. in alt.html, Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Lauri Raittila wrote:
    >
    > If you consider only consider registered Opera users, then 100% of them
    > have bought stuff online.

    No. I send them cash. OTOH, they sent my registration code by email.

    Lauri Raittila, Nov 25, 2004
  15. Hugo de Payns

    Henry Guest

    Lauri Raittila wrote:
    > in alt.html, SpaceGirl wrote:
    >
    >>rf wrote:

    >>>As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
    >>>"15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site :-( "
    >>>
    >>>Spacegirl, you know better than that :)
    >>>

    >>15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...? :p

    > Lets think it this way: People that use some other browsers are usually
    > powerusers of internet. Power users of internet are more likely do stuff
    > in internet. Like actually buy something from net. So it could be that
    > people using less used browsers are better customers.
    >
    > Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
    > more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
    > than I know people that have bought something that use IE. Too small and
    > otherwise bad sample, but seems to support my theory

    I think that u r correct.

    People who afraid to change a browser, they also afraid to supply their
    credit card number even on secure server because they don't have any
    idea how it works.

    Cheers...
    Henry, Nov 26, 2004