CSS screwed up in IE only

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BessieBee, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. BessieBee

    BessieBee Guest

    Haven't been around here in ages, some health issues have kept me
    preoccupied with other things.

    Anyway, I've got some pages I've just redone with CSS, basically to
    tighten them up. The pages listed below all validate as HTML 4.01
    Transitional. All look just as I want in Mozilla (Firefox 1.0) and
    Opera v7.50.

    They're all screwed up in IE 6.0 IE is the browser of choice for
    the majority of the client - not my choice, theirs.

    What do I need to do to get these to look right in IE?

    (I'm trying to get away completely from tables, but resorted to a
    table layout to get the nav buttons and picture to line up under the
    logo used as background. When I have more time I'll learn just what
    it is I need to know to get rid of the tables)

    Thank you!!

    Pages:
    http://www.clinton.k12.ia.us/adminhome.html

    http://www.clinton.k12.ia.us/fund_raiser_info.html

    BessieBee

    If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine Aird

    BessieBee, Feb 27, 2005

  2. BessieBee

    Toby Inkster Guest

    BessieBee wrote:

    > What do I need to do to get these to look right in IE?

    An explicit "top:0;left:0" on #container1 might help.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Feb 27, 2005

  3. BessieBee

    BessieBee Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:30:15 +0000, Toby Inkster
    <> wrote:

    >BessieBee wrote:
    >
    >> What do I need to do to get these to look right in IE?

    >An explicit "top:0;left:0" on #container1 might help.

    Yup, that did it. Thanks, Toby.

    Whew!

    BessieBee, Feb 27, 2005