CSS Stylesheets question

Laura

Hi, I have posted before with problems using templates in DW. I was
wondering if the same exact effect I ant can be done through CSS without too
much of a learning curve. I love learning new things but eight now I am
under a deadline of sorts I basically want to set the background image,
banners or announcements at the top, and a left side navigation bar, and
leave the rest of the page editable for different pages. Here is an example
of what I want. The top and left are currently made with a template. The
rest is an editable region in the template that changes for each page.
http://paranormal.oddlongisland.com
Any help with easy to learn tutorials, links, or step by steps would be
great. I do plan to take the time to learn the nuances of CSS eventually.
Also if you have any ideas beside CSS of how this can be done would be cool
too. Thanks!

Neredbojias

Hi, I have posted before with problems using templates in DW. I was
wondering if the same exact effect I ant can be done through CSS
without too much of a learning curve.

That's an ambiguous question. Yes, it can be done with css, but you have
to learn it to do it.
I love learning new things but
eight now I am under a deadline of sorts

Aren't we all... Dreamweaver to the rescue!
I basically want to set the
background image, banners or announcements at the top, and a left side
navigation bar, and leave the rest of the page editable for different
pages.

That's common enough. Lots of people do it. All the time.
Here is an example of what I want. The top and left are
currently made with a template. The rest is an editable region in the
template that changes for each page.
http://paranormal.oddlongisland.com Any help with easy to learn
tutorials, links, or step by steps would be great.

Well, I don't really know of any easy-to-learn aids because whatever I
know I learned by experimenting/doing it and checking the normative
references or getting advice here. This is said not to denegrate those
tutorials "out there" which are actually helpful; I'm just not familiar
with any, myself. On the bright side, there are many posters in this
group who have caches of very good links and some will probably be along
soon to assist.
I do plan to take
the time to learn the nuances of CSS eventually.

There's no substitute for knowing what you're doing.
Also if you have any
ideas beside CSS of how this can be done would be cool too.

Css isn't the whole story, and, in conjunction with the various browsers,
"anomalies" are not unknown. But if you already grasp html decently, I'd
recommend learning css as the next step.

Whey BN.

Colin Wilson

You may find the style assistant at:
http://www.styleassistant.de/
useful. The site is in German but you should be able to figure out what is
going on quite easily.

Style Assistant is a downloadable program (which you install on your
computer) and works well.

It is some time since I downloaded it, but from memory it does not have a
proper installation program so you have to do that part by hand yourself.