Curious problem applying XSTL in Java

nick

Hi all,

I've a curious problem at the moment and was wondering whether anyone
might be able to help. I have a SOAPBodyElement object that was
returned from a SOAP call. I then convert this into a Document object
and then attempt to apply a XSLT file to it. Unfortunately the output
produced by this transformation is incorrect. Effectively the XSLT is
not being applied correctly. Bizarrely if I serialize the document to a
byte array and then create a new document based on it (by using
docBuilder.parse()), it works! I've output both documents as strings
and then compared them and they're identical. All very weird. Any
ideas?

Nick

dingbat

Effectively the XSLT is not being applied correctly.

Replace your stylesheet with a simpler (trivial) stylesheet, such as
the identity copy stylesheet. Then see what the output looks like. You
might just not be feeding it what you thought.

Curious problem applying XSTL in Java

XSTL ? I once got turned down for a job (by a particuarly stupid
agency) because I didn't have enough experience with this "XSTL" stuff.