    directory? If so, what will I put in my .htaccess file?

    Thanks so much!
    ~velvet~

    greenvelvet, Oct 26, 2005

  2. greenvelvet wrote:
    > A friend's website resides in a particular directory on my site. His site is
    > completely unrelated to mine. Yet, because I have a custom 404, those
    > getting a 404 from his part of the site, still land on the 404 page for the
    > main site.
    >
    > My question is, is it possible to have a separate 404 just for his
    > directory? If so, what will I put in my .htaccess file?

    Put a separate .htaccess file in his directory and define a 404 page there.

    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 26, 2005

  3. greenvelvet

    greenvelvet Guest

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    > greenvelvet wrote:
    >> A friend's website resides in a particular directory on my site. His site
    >> is
    >> completely unrelated to mine. Yet, because I have a custom 404, those
    >> getting a 404 from his part of the site, still land on the 404 page for
    >> the
    >> main site.
    >>
    >> My question is, is it possible to have a separate 404 just for his
    >> directory? If so, what will I put in my .htaccess file?

    > Put a separate .htaccess file in his directory and define a 404 page
    > there.

    ah! thanks! I didn't realize I could have more than one .htaccess file for
    the site.

    ~velvet~

    greenvelvet, Oct 26, 2005
  4. On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, greenvelvet wrote:

    > ah! thanks! I didn't realize I could have more than one .htaccess
    > file for the site.

    Each .htaccess takes effect for the subdirectory which it's in and
    for any which are below it - unless, obviously, there's a .htaccess in
    the lower level subdirectory which says something different.

    have fun

    Alan J. Flavell, Oct 26, 2005
  5. greenvelvet

    greenvelvet Guest

    "Alan J. Flavell" <> wrote in message

    > On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, greenvelvet wrote:
    >
    >> ah! thanks! I didn't realize I could have more than one .htaccess
    >> file for the site.

    > Each .htaccess takes effect for the subdirectory which it's in and
    > for any which are below it - unless, obviously, there's a .htaccess in
    > the lower level subdirectory which says something different.
    >
    > have fun

    Thanks Alan! this is such a good thing to know ~~~

    cheers ~
    ~velvet~

    greenvelvet, Oct 27, 2005