custom authentication class JRun 3.1

Liehmann Richard

Hello all,

I've got the following problem. I've implemented a custom
authentication class for JRun 3.1 to look up user data from a sql
database. Everything works fine, the authentication acts as expected.
But in the log of the server (event-log) I always got the following
error entry when a login procedure is made.

09/30 12:44:19 error (JRun) Failed ejb authentication
[javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Unknown user (e-mail address removed)]
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Unknown user (e-mail address removed)
at allaire.ejipt.Ejipt._getNamingContext(Ejipt.java:749)
at allaire.ejipt.ContextFactory.getInitialContext(ContextFactory.java:101)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
at allaire.jrun.LocalContext.loginEjbUser(LocalContext.java:111)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.ResourceAuthenticator.getUser(ResourceAuthenticator.java:579)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.ResourceAuthenticator.authenticate(ResourceAuthenticator.java:270)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java:1240)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:89)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1557)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1547)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:364)
at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(ProxyEndpoint.java:388)
at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:272)
at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:75)

I use email address as username. I don't understand why the server
throws an ejb authentication error, cause I don't use any ejb's. The
second thing is that everything works fine for the user. If the user
requests a secure page, the login form shows up. After entering the
username and password, the custom authentication class is used to
fetch userdata from the database. If the entered data is correct, then
the requested secure page is shown. So it looks like everything works
fine, except the entry in the log file.

Any ideas?
Thanks for help,

Richard