Custom event in design-time Events tab for a Web user control

George Jordanov Ivanov

Folks,

I am implementing a WebUserControl, which will have its own custom event
StateChanged. Now, I want to add this event to the Events tab in the control
properties, so that the users of my control can set the event handler from
this tab. However, I can't see my custom StateChanged event over there and I
don't know what is the reason. Setting BrowsableAttribute to the public
event property doesn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Regards,
George Jordanov Ivanov

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi George,

Thank you for posting.

As for the custom web user control, do you mean the ascx user control? If
this is the case, I'm afraid so far there has limited design-time support
for UserControl. Those design-time property grid or any other design-time
services are designed for custom web server controls. For webserver
control, it can utilize full set of the VS IDE's design-time services and
features.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

George Jordanov Ivanov

Thanks Steve! I really know that it has a "limited" design time support, but
still I haven't found it written clearly that it is not possible to have
custom events displayed on the Events tab for .ascx files. I could actually
have properties displayed in the Properties window. However, thank you
again - your reply was exactly what I was looking for! :)

George Jordanov Ivanov
www.givanov.net/blog

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

My pleasure :)

Please always feel free to post here when there is anything we can help.