Custom Events in Web Services

Darshan Mehta

Hello,
I have created a class with custom events.
The delegate for the event is created before the class is declared.
This event works fine when deployed locally.
I convertied the Class into a Web Service, by adding the appropriate
[WebMethod()] and [WebService()] attributes.

When I try to build the Project, I get an error stating the the delegate has
no constructor.

Is there any special attribute I need to apply to the delegate, to make it
work?
Is there any Reference material for declaring delegates and events in
WebServices?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Darshan

Dan Rogers

This won't work. You can't expect web service classes to behave like
remote classes (or COM objects, etc). The paradigm is message based, so
delegates and events don't automatically get converted.

You might want to look at the early specs for WS-Eventing.