custom html validation in VS2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by discipline4ever666, Oct 7, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    the CMS out company wrote a few years ago, uses certain attrbutes not
    included in any HTML validation known. Is there a way to add these custom
    attributes to HTML validation within VS2005? I ask this to reduce the number
    of errors I see without having to disable error trapping completely. I still
    want to see all error, without the ones from our own CMS. Ill give a little
    example. On a website we use the attribute pf_string="test" to let our CMS
    know it has to replace the content within a tag with a translated version of
    the text. When I open the page created with our CMS in VB2005 I get an error
    for every pf_string it finds. When an entire page is filled with some 20 of
    these attributes, I get 20 errors. Therefor I waste a lot of time just having
    to read all of them and finding out where the list with real errors begin.
    the full example is added at the end.

    Is there a way to let VB2005 know to ignore these attributes (adding of
    custom HTML validation rules would also be nice). This would help me a lot
    when creating websites since our CMS doesn't have the full type ahead of
    VB2005.

    when our CMS finds the pf_string attribute, it replaces all contents in the
    DIV with the translated text which is retrieved from a DB. The language to be
    used is retrieved another way not discussed here.

    discipline4ever666, Oct 7, 2008

  2. discipline4ever666

    bruce barker Guest

    you will have to build you own validation schema:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/02/01/522614.aspx

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 8, 2008