Custom Permission and Declarative support

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Doug Bahr, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Doug Bahr

    Doug Bahr Guest

    Please forgive if this question has been answered a million times before, as
    I have seen many requests for help on this issues but I have not seen any
    closer on the issue...

    I have a custom Permission as follows

    public sealed class RightsPermission : System.Security.IPermission,
    System.Security.Permissions.IUnrestrictedPermission,
    System.Security.ISecurityEncodable,
    System.Runtime.Serialization.ISerializable

    and a matching Attribute

    [AttributeUsageAttribute(AttributeTargets.Class |
    AttributeTargets.Method,AllowMultiple = false)]

    [SerializableAttribute]

    public sealed class RightsPermissionAttribute :
    System.Security.Permissions.SecurityAttribute

    I can imperatively use the permission, but when I try and use it
    declaratively, the runtime seems to ignore

    it completely and act as if the permission attribute check does not exist.

    Please help!

    Doug Bahr, Oct 9, 2003