custom validator and ajax

Jeremy

How would I go about using a custom validator to make a server side call
using ajax?

bruce barker

as the ms ajax library does not do synchronous service calls only
asynchronous (the "a" in ajax) you would need to redo the validation
logic as it does not support async. you could tie an ajax call to a lost
focus and hope it completes before a postback is requested (tough if the
lost focus is the click on the postback button).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Roland Dick

Hi Jeremy,
How would I go about using a custom validator to make a server side call
using ajax?

Can't you just use an updatepanel? That way, the custom validator
returns after calling the server-side validation function, but the user
will not notice the postback.

Roland