AJAX Control Toolkit / ASP.Net Validator control problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stratum, Oct 13, 2008.

  1. Stratum

    Stratum Guest

    I use ASP.Net Validator controls on some Web
    pages, specifically, the Required Field Validator
    which works on the client side before a postback.
    The page has worked fine for some time.

    After I added the AJAX Control Toolkit
    to my VS2005, and modified the Web.config
    file, the pages with the original ASP.Net
    validator controls could no longer be
    accessed.

    Any idea what's happening?

    I don't know if this same problem
    occurs in VS2008. I haven't tried
    it there yet.

    Jim

    Stratum, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Stratum

    Stratum Guest

    On Oct 12, 9:56 pm, Stratum <> wrote:
    > I use ASP.Net Validator controls on some Web
    > pages, specifically, the Required Field Validator
    > which works on the client side before a postback.
    > The page has worked fine for some time.
    >
    > After I added the AJAX Control Toolkit
    > to my VS2005, and modified the Web.config
    > file, the pages with the original ASP.Net
    > validator controls could no longer be
    > accessed.

    I should clarify this! I mean my localhost
    and my shared Web host would no longer
    serve the page.

    Jim

    Stratum, Oct 13, 2008