    --
    Arne Garvander
    (I program VB.Net for fun and C# to get paid.)
    Arne Garvander, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Arne Garvander

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Building controls in .NET 2.0 has not changed too much. There are a few new
    base classes plus designer additions which help considerably writing
    high-quality control designers.

    What comes to VS2005 it just doesn't have separate web control library
    project, now you just start a new class library project and add the needed
    references and get going.

    Documentation about the subject:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zt27tfhy(vs.80).aspx

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

    Teemu Keiski, Jul 13, 2007

  3. "Teemu Keiski" <> wrote in message
    > Building controls in .NET 2.0 has not changed too much. There are a few
    > new base classes plus designer additions which help considerably writing
    > high-quality control designers.
    >
    > What comes to VS2005 it just doesn't have separate web control library
    > project, now you just start a new class library project and add the needed
    > references and get going.
    >
    > Documentation about the subject:
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zt27tfhy(vs.80).aspx

    the Web Control Library project option still exists in 2005 - just not where
    you'd expect it to be. it's under New Project / C# (or VB) / Windows. why
    it's there instead of under some Web related option i don't know.. maybe
    because it creates a DLL??
    Harold Demure, Jul 16, 2007