customize soap request

Christina Androne

Hello everybody

I'm making an webservice in .net which has a method like this one:

[WebMethod]
public MyType MyMethod(MyType myParam)
}

At this point, the webservice understands requests like this one:

<soap-env:Envelope ....

<soap-env:Body>
<m:MyMethod ...
<m:myParam>
</m:MyParam>
</m:MyMethod>
<soap-env:Body>

or, if I set the Action of the SoapMethodAttribute to MyMethod,

<soap-env:Body>
<m:myParam xmlns="...>
</m:MyParam>
<soap-env:Body>

Someone else is developing the application which will make requests to
my webservice.

Now, this someone else would be very happy if my web service would
understand requests liek this one:

<soap-env:Body>
<soap-env:Body>

meaning that the request should contain the parameter value directly in
the body tag (which to me seems out of the RFC spec for SOAP, but...)
Is there a way to configure through the use of attributes or with some
other way the webserver to accept this sort of requests? (I would really
really want some other that wrting a custom soap extension method).

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Best,
Christina