installer for Oracle 8i, Python 2.4
From the readme.txt file:
BINARY INSTALL:
Place the file cx_Oracle.pyd or cx_Oracle.so anywhere on your Python
path.

So I tried this and set PYTHONPATH.

I then created a script called ora_conn.py with one line:
import cx_Oracle

When I run the script (c:\python24\python.exe ora_conn.py) I get this
error in a pop-up box:

"The procedure entry point OCIEnvCreate could not be located in the
dynamic link ligrary OCI.dll

The bottom line of what I want to do is to connect to an oracle
database without having to create an ODBC connection on the individual
PC.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Albert Leibbrandt

I downloaded cx_Oracle from
http://www.cxtools.net/default.aspx?nav=cxorlb and selected the windows
installer for Oracle 8i, Python 2.4

BINARY INSTALL:
Place the file cx_Oracle.pyd or cx_Oracle.so anywhere on your Python
path.

So I tried this and set PYTHONPATH.

I then created a script called ora_conn.py with one line:
import cx_Oracle

When I run the script (c:\python24\python.exe ora_conn.py) I get this
error in a pop-up box:

"The procedure entry point OCIEnvCreate could not be located in the
dynamic link ligrary OCI.dll

The bottom line of what I want to do is to connect to an oracle
database without having to create an ODBC connection on the individual
PC.

Any ideas? Thanks.
are you running on windows or linux?
On both of these os's I only needed to install the binary. Have a look
at this page on sourceforge

cheers
albert