CyaSSL SSL Provider for Android Released – Alpha Version

Chris C.

Hi,

yaSSL has released an Alpha of the CyaSSL Java SSL Provider for the
Android Platform. This can be installed alongside the existing Apache
Harmony provider and can be used through the javax.net.ssl Java API
package. By using this provider, Java developers can use familiar
syntax and API calls of Java to gain the speed and size advantages
that the CyaSSL embedded SSL library offers. By using CyaSSL on
Android, you can reduce the overall image footprint by 500k to 600k.

Being in the Alpha stage, this provider currently only offers client
functionality. If you want to give this provider a try, please
download it from yaSSL's additional downloads page here:

http://www.yassl.com/yaSSL/Download_More.html

Instructions for installation into the Android Platform can be found
in the README file included with the download. We look forward to
your feedback! Please keep in mind that this is an alpha release.
Please contact yaSSL at (e-mail address removed) if you need support.