Cygwyn Question on broken link

ian

Hi;

I have broken the link on Cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/ that pointed to 5.8/
cygwin or whatever.
I have tried unistall and install but cannot get back to having the
cygwin dir in /usr/lib/perl5/5.8

Any suggestions pls

Regards
Ian

Keith Thompson

ian said:
I have broken the link on Cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/ that pointed to 5.8/
cygwin or whatever.
I have tried unistall and install but cannot get back to having the
cygwin dir in /usr/lib/perl5/5.8

On my Cygwin system (fully updated, under Windows XP), /usr/lib/perl5
is not a symlink, and there are no symlinks anywhere under
the /usr/lib/perl5 directory:

% ls -ld /usr/lib/perl5
drwxrwx---+ 5 kst Users 0 May 29 19:04 /usr/lib/perl5
% find /usr/lib/perl5 -type f | wc -l
2548
% find /usr/lib/perl5 -type d | wc -l
339
% find /usr/lib/perl5 -type l | wc -l
0

I don't know just what problem you're having, but you're likely to get
better help on the Cygwin mailing list, <http://cygwin.com/lists.html>.