    library into the project directory.
    Warp seems to disregard the path....

    agdepus

    agdepus, Aug 12, 2004

  2. agdepus

    Ken Smith Guest

    In article <411b3cd0$>, agdepus <agdepus@$£online.no> wrote:
    >Are there anyone out there that is using their own library with warp 6.3?
    >There is no way i can get the compiler to find them unless i copy the
    >library into the project directory.

    That's what I did too.

    Creating a windows short cut didn't work right either. I thought I'd
    found a way around it. You could try asking the nice folks at Cypress.

    forging knowledge

    Ken Smith, Aug 13, 2004

  3. "agdepus" <agdepus@$£online.no> wrote in message news:<411b3cd0$>...
    > Are there anyone out there that is using their own library with warp 6.3?
    > There is no way i can get the compiler to find them unless i copy the
    > library into the project directory.
    > Warp seems to disregard the path....
    >
    > agdepus

    Here is the procedure:

    1. Write your library and save it.

    2. In Galaxy click on File/New and select Project(target library).
    Add the VHDL file or files to this project in the same way you do for
    a hardware project. The order of the files is important if a file
    uses modules from another file. Order the files so that the most
    primitive files appear at the top of the list, followed by the files
    that use the primitives.

    3. Compile this project. You now have a compiled VHDL library.

    4. In order to use this library in a VHDL project that targets a
    device you open the that project in Galaxy and and select
    Project/Library Manager. In the Libraries dialog box, select the
    Assign tab and click Add. Enter the library name and path (you can
    use the ... button to browse and select the path that way.

    5. Close all of the dialogs, and then you can check to see if you did
    it right by selecting Project/Library Mangager again. Your library
    should appear in the dialog box window. Don't forget the "use
    statement" for your library in your project's VHDL code. You must use
    step 4 above for each project in which you want to use your library.

    Best regards,

    Charles

    Charles M. Elias, Sep 9, 2004
  4. agdepus

    livium

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    I have a problem with libraries..

    First of all....my english its no so good...i hope i can handle.

    I want to write the VHDL code for an AM2901 from AMD. I have the code from a book. I created all the files step by step like in the book. The basic library, each functional block, and the final file wich includes the description of entire AM2901. Anyway...how can i put two different custom libraries in "work". With only one..it works..because i have the index file and the vif file. When i put the other vif file (from the second library) i cant merge de indexes. I hope you guys, understand what i tried to say.

    Thank you.

    LE: I have the error message E429

    Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
    livium, Feb 9, 2008
  5. agdepus

    livium

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Anybody...?

    livium, Feb 9, 2008
  6. agdepus

    livium

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    :hello: HELP...PLEASE..EXPERTS?

    livium, Feb 10, 2008
  7. agdepus

    kva

    Joined:
    May 1, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    When i compiled this code using warp 6.3 galaxy, i got a popup message "vhdlfe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience", need help.

    Thanks,

    ------------------------------------
    Code:
    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.all, IEEE.NUMERIC_STD.all;

    entity ENCODE_8_3_CASE is
    	port (A:in  unsigned(7 downto 0);
    		  Y:out unsigned(2 downto 0));
    end entity ENCODE_8_3_CASE;

    attribute part_name of ENCODE_8_3_CASE : entity is "22V10";

    attribute PIN_NUMBERS of ENCODE_8_3_CASE: entity is
    	" A(7):09 A(6):08 A(5):07 A(4):6 A(3):5 A(2):4 A(1):3 A(0):2 Y(2):21 Y(1):22 Y(0):23";
    end entity ENCODE_8_3_CASE;

    architecture LOGIC of ENCODE_8_3_CASE is
    begin
    	process(A)
    	begin
    		case A is