    checked that the codepage windows 1251 and 1252 are installed on both
    machines,

    So any ideas how to fix this?
    =?Utf-8?B?bWFydGlu?=, Aug 7, 2007

  2. On Aug 7, 9:56 am, martin <> wrote:
    > I have asp.net site which needs to sae cyrillic text.
    >
    > I have changed the sql server table column to accept the text and also
    > placed a N in fornt of the sql code to insert it. eg. Insert (text) ( N'
    > some cyrillic text')
    >
    > all works ok from the dev machine and saves ok in database. But when I
    > deploy to the windows server 2003 sp2 it starts inserting ?????? I have
    > checked that the codepage windows 1251 and 1252 are installed on both
    > machines,
    >
    > So any ideas how to fix this?

    Hi Martin

    check <globalization> tag in web.config

    Hope it helps
    Alexey Smirnov, Aug 7, 2007

  3. Hi Alexey

    Yes I tried that I put windows-1251 but no joy , still saved as ???????

    The wierd thing is when I run on my dev machine ( win xp) it all works ok,
    but when deployed to server it stops. On the dev machine I have not put any
    globalisation tags in the web config, but it still works !?

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFydGlu?=, Aug 7, 2007
  4. Martin,

    I got a similar problem that was solved by changing the field definition
    from nvarchar to ntext.
    I could afford the extra-cost of a "ntext" in my project but maybe this is
    not an efficient solution in your situation.

    Michel

    Michel Couche, Aug 7, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWFydGlu?=

    Guest

    Maybe you don't have the right font on production server?
    , Aug 8, 2007
  6. On Aug 8, 5:30 am, wrote:
    > Maybe you don't have the right font on production server?

    :)
    Alexey Smirnov, Aug 8, 2007