ASP.NET MS SQL cyrillic problem

Viktor Popov

Hi,

I have a ASP.NET application which is hosted on English - based server. This
application works with MS SQL Server, also English-based. I have this in my
Web.config:
<globalization fileEncoding="windows-1251" requestEncoding="windows-1251"
responseEncoding="windows-1251" culture="bg-BG" uiCulture="bg-BG" />

When I insert some text in the database, I mean cyrrilic text, it couldn't
be read, because the result is ??????????????.

Could you tell me hou should I fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Viktor

Smike

i suspect you have 8-bit/unicode conflict
try to replace "windows-1251" with "utf-8"
you may download cyrillic editor
from http://ircdb.org/ruseditE.htm
and copy editor text and paste it to your forms

this editor support both modes 8-bit and unicode
in the same time and put 2 encoding into clipboard

Smike
http://smike.ru

Viktor Popov

Thanks, but the link doesn't work...