    I read some documentation but I still can not find where the drop down
    lists , textboxes , ... are !

    I am I missing something important or what ?
    George Mpouras, Feb 21, 2014

  2. George Mpouras

    Guest

    I believe you should use a templating system. Place the lists & textboxes in your template. That's a lot easier than with CGI.

    - Alex

    On Friday, February 21, 2014 10:49:09 PM UTC+2, George Mpouras wrote:
    > I try to evolve a little and start using the Dancer instead of CGI !
    >

    > I read some documentation but I still can not find where the drop down
    >
    > lists , textboxes , ... are !
    >

    > I am I missing something important or what ?
    , Feb 25, 2014

  3. Στις 25/2/2014 02:20, ο/η έγÏαψε:
    > I believe you should use a templating system. Place the lists & textboxes in your template. That's a lot easier than with CGI.
    >
    > - Alex
    >

    > On Friday, February 21, 2014 10:49:09 PM UTC+2, George Mpouras wrote:
    >> I try to evolve a little and start using the Dancer instead of CGI !
    >>

    >> I read some documentation but I still can not find where the drop down
    >>
    >> lists , textboxes , ... are !
    >>

    >> I am I missing something important or what ?

    do you think it will be easier ; these templates are scary !
    George Mpouras, Feb 25, 2014
  4. George Mpouras

    John Bokma Guest

    George Mpouras <> writes:

    > Στις 25/2/2014 02:20, ο/η έγÏαψε:
    >> I believe you should use a templating system. Place the lists & textboxes in your template. That's a lot easier than with CGI.
    >>
    >> - Alex
    >>

    >> On Friday, February 21, 2014 10:49:09 PM UTC+2, George Mpouras wrote:
    >>> I try to evolve a little and start using the Dancer instead of CGI !
    >>>

    >>> I read some documentation but I still can not find where the drop down
    >>>
    >>> lists , textboxes , ... are !
    >>>

    >>> I am I missing something important or what ?

    > do you think it will be easier ; these templates are scary !

    If you use Template Toolkit I recommend to check out how to include
    parts, and how to use macros. In various projects I use macros to build
    forms and it makes things very easy. Also common
    header/footer/etc. parts can be just included.

    --
    John Bokma j3b

    Blog: http://johnbokma.com/ Perl Consultancy: http://castleamber.com/
    Perl for books: http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-books.html
    John Bokma, Feb 25, 2014
  5. George Mpouras <> writes:
    > Στις 25/2/2014 02:20, ο/η έγÏαψε:
    >> I believe you should use a templating system. Place the lists & textboxes in your template. That's a lot easier than with CGI.

    [...]

    >> On Friday, February 21, 2014 10:49:09 PM UTC+2, George Mpouras wrote:
    >>> I try to evolve a little and start using the Dancer instead of CGI !
    >>>

    >>> I read some documentation but I still can not find where the drop down
    >>>
    >>> lists , textboxes , ... are !
    >>>

    >>> I am I missing something important or what ?

    > do you think it will be easier ; these templates are scary !

    I have some experience with both approaches for HTML-generation[*] and I'd
    chose the procedural one over the template-based one any time because it
    is easier to use (if you're a programmer), can be used with less work
    (by using programming language facilities for building abstractions) and
    can result in code which is easier to understand (for the same reason).

    [*] Insofar templating goes, only with JSF/ RichFaces together with Java
    which might not be a good example of a templating system. OTOH, I did an
    informal 'survey' of 'Perl templating systems' some years ago because
    they were "Very Recommended" and came to the conclusion that there
    weren't any I'd want to use.
    Rainer Weikusat, Feb 25, 2014