Dancer

George Mpouras

I try to evolve a little and start using the Dancer instead of CGI !

I read some documentation but I still can not find where the drop down
lists , textboxes , ... are !

I am I missing something important or what ?

alex.karelas

I believe you should use a templating system. Place the lists & textboxes in your template. That's a lot easier than with CGI.

- Alex

George Mpouras

Στις 25/2/2014 02:20, ο/η (e-mail address removed) έγÏαψε:
I believe you should use a templating system. Place the lists & textboxes in your template. That's a lot easier than with CGI.

- Alex

do you think it will be easier ; these templates are scary !

John Bokma

George Mpouras said:
Στις 25/2/2014 02:20, ο/η (e-mail address removed) έγÏαψε:

do you think it will be easier ; these templates are scary !

If you use Template Toolkit I recommend to check out how to include
parts, and how to use macros. In various projects I use macros to build
forms and it makes things very easy. Also common
header/footer/etc. parts can be just included.

Rainer Weikusat

George Mpouras said:
Στις 25/2/2014 02:20, ο/η (e-mail address removed) έγÏαψε:
I believe you should use a templating system. Place the lists & textboxes in your template. That's a lot easier than with CGI.
[...]

do you think it will be easier ; these templates are scary !

I have some experience with both approaches for HTML-generation[*] and I'd
chose the procedural one over the template-based one any time because it
is easier to use (if you're a programmer), can be used with less work
(by using programming language facilities for building abstractions) and
can result in code which is easier to understand (for the same reason).

[*] Insofar templating goes, only with JSF/ RichFaces together with Java
which might not be a good example of a templating system. OTOH, I did an
informal 'survey' of 'Perl templating systems' some years ago because
they were "Very Recommended" and came to the conclusion that there
weren't any I'd want to use.