Data acquisition software in Windows 2000

Todd Gardner

Hello everyone,

Could anyone point me to data acquisitions software that can use with
my Windows 2000 operating system?

Thank you,

Todd

Stephan Kämper

Todd said:
Hello everyone,

Could anyone point me to data acquisitions software that can use with
my Windows 2000 operating system?

Thank you,

Todd

What's the source of the data (from the PC point of view) - RS232
(parallel) port, USB, network? What's the data format/protocol?

I did some data acquisition using the RS232 port. If that's what you
prefer, I can offer some help.

BTW, by 'data acquisition' did you mean just the bare, say, library to
get the data into your Ruby program, or are you looking for something
like a complete software whith schedulers for data sampling, data
analysis and bells and whistles?

Happy rubying

Stephan

Todd Gardner

Stephan Kämper said:
What's the source of the data (from the PC point of view) - RS232
(parallel) port, USB, network? What's the data format/protocol?

The hardware will be determined upon what the capabilities of the
software are.

I think at this point I would be looking at PCI or USB hardware
however, that may change depending on the capabilities of me using
Ruby.
I did some data acquisition using the RS232 port. If that's what you
prefer, I can offer some help.

What hardware did you use?

What serial libraries did you use for Ruby?
BTW, by 'data acquisition' did you mean just the bare, say, library to
get the data into your Ruby program, or are you looking for something
like a complete software whith schedulers for data sampling, data
analysis and bells and whistles?

I am looking to learn about the capabilities of Ruby in data
acquisition. I data acquisition I mean acquiring analog electrical
signals from outside the computer.
Happy rubying

Stephan

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Todd

Steven Jenkins

Todd said:
I am looking to learn about the capabilities of Ruby in data
acquisition. I data acquisition I mean acquiring analog electrical
signals from outside the computer.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

If you're really stuck with Windows, I don't have any good suggestions.
If Linux is an option, take a look at Comedi (http://www.comedi.org). I
contributed some Ruby bindings for Comedi a few months back.

Steve

Todd Gardner

Steven Jenkins said:
If you're really stuck with Windows, I don't have any good suggestions.
If Linux is an option, take a look at Comedi (http://www.comedi.org). I
contributed some Ruby bindings for Comedi a few months back.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Unfortunately, I have been extremely difficult time typing. They're
currently is normal in source or Linux voice dictation software
available.

Todd Gardner

Steven Jenkins said:
If you're really stuck with Windows, I don't have any good suggestions.
If Linux is an option, take a look at Comedi (http://www.comedi.org). I
contributed some Ruby bindings for Comedi a few months back.

Steve

Steve,

I have an extremely difficult time typing so I currently use Dragon
NaturallySpeaking under Windows 2000. There used to be IBM's ViaVoice
for Linux however now in as "disappeared". Unfortunately there is no
open-source alternative for voice dictation software that I know of.

So yes I am, "stuck" in Windows.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Todd