Data is not getting exported to Excel from Internet Explorer

Rocky545

Hi ,

My issue is ,

I have an ASP application on a Windows NT Box,(Holding IIS4.0),Our
application is running fine and whenever we select the export to excel on a
webpage

which will display some tabular data,data is getting exported to excel
successfully

Recently we migrated this server from Windows NT to Windows Server 2003 ,so
IIS is also upgraded from 4.0 to 6.0.Now this option is not working .

It is prompting for the username and Password and after entering the
correct username and password ,its displaying Externaldata_1 in the A1 cell
of an excel

sheet.After that ,if we right click on that cell and select Refresh Data,the
data is getting correctly into the excel sheet

Excel is not installed on the IIS Server ,However its located on all the
other end user systems and we are using IE6/7 to export the data.Previously
when we are running IIS 4.0 also,excel is not installed on that server

Export to excel option is also enabled in the
Registry(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\MenuExt\E&porttoExcel
->Dword is set to 00000001)

So My question is What settings we need to change such that it should not
prompt for username and password and data should be exported directly to Excel

Your help is greatly appreciated

Regards
VenuGopal

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9ja3k1NDU=?= wrote on 19 mei 2009 in
[...]

I would think that these settings are nat an ASP, but an IIS issue,
so better ask a IIS NG.

Evertjan.

Margaret McCauley wrote on 17 sep 2010 in
I am new to this data exchange. What I actually did was, write an
e-mail

Seems you are new to Usenet too.

What are you responding on?

[please always quote on usenet]