    Thank you

    Regards
    Pradyumna

    Pradyumna, Jan 2, 2009

  2. Pradyumna wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i want to write an application using pure C++ code. Here i'hv to use
    > MS Access as Database.
    > So all database functionalities ( i.e
    > adding,retrieving,modifying,deleting etc... ) should reflect on this
    > application.
    >
    > Any one can please help me out ,what should be the C++ code for my
    > application.
    > please help me as soon as possible.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Regards
    > Pradyumna

    If you build on top of ODBC, which is a C language library, you could
    also use different databases if your application ever outgrows MSAccess
    (a lot of them do, eventually). Check out the "ODBC Programmer's
    Reference" on MSDN.

    There's also the COM interface to Access (ADO libraries) which Microsoft
    has published. However, I find ODBC to be much more straightforward, and
    you won't need the .NET stuff for that.

    Bob Hairgrove, Jan 2, 2009

  3. Pradyumna

    Guest

    On Jan 2, 2:32 am, Pradyumna <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i want to write an application using pure C++ code. Here i'hv to use
    > MS Access as Database.
    > So all database functionalities ( i.e
    > adding,retrieving,modifying,deleting etc... ) should reflect on this
    > application.
    >
    > Any one can please help me out ,what should be the C++ code for my
    > application.
    > please help me as soon as possible.

    This is not really an appropriate topic for this newsgroup. Topics for
    comp.lang.c++ are the syntax and semantics of the C++ language itself,
    and the C++ language does not deal with database connectivity.

    That said, I can give you a brief answer. You can use ODBC, you can
    use OLEDB, there are some MFC classes, you can one of the many
    available data-bound CLR components if you are using Visual Studio
    (start a Windows Forms application and explore the toolbox), you can
    use one of the many available data-bound VCL components if you are
    using C++ Builder.

    Personally, I use SQLAPI++ (http://sqlapi.com/) frequently, which is
    not free, but is an incredibly straightforward and well-documented API
    that supports a number of database back-ends, including MS Access.

    You can also find a list of various APIs here:

    http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/C /Class_Libraries/Database/

    And by Googling for appropriate keywords (there is even an MFC code
    example on the first page of results):

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ms access c++&btnG=Google Search&aq=f&oq=

    From your post, it sounds like you will need to read up on ORM
    databases in general, MS Access, ODBC, and possibly a few other things
    first.

    If you have any additional questions, you should ask them on a more
    appropriate newsgroup / forum / mailing list (e.g. the MSDN forums
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?SiteID=1 or the
    appropriate place for whatever API you end up using).

    Jason

    , Jan 2, 2009