Database GUI generation from schema

Eric Wertman

Sorry if this is misplaced, but I could have sworn I saw a link on
this list to a package that would auto-generate data entry type forms
from a database schema, similar to django's auto-admin interface.
Does anyone recall a package like that? I did some searching, but
I've only found documentation describing such a system in the generic.

Thanks!

Eric

Bruno Desthuilliers

Eric Wertman a écrit :
Sorry if this is misplaced, but I could have sworn I saw a link on
this list to a package that would auto-generate data entry type forms
from a database schema, similar to django's auto-admin interface.
Does anyone recall a package like that? I did some searching, but
I've only found documentation describing such a system in the generic.

Perhaps are you talking about dabo ?
http://www.dabodev.com

Peter Decker

Yes, that was it. Thanks! I was a little dissapointed to see that
the wikipedia entry for that software was deleted. Is dabo not widely
used?

Depends on your definition of 'widely'. :)

I know that there are several hundred subscribers to the dabo-users
list. Perhaps if you asked there you might get a better idea of just
how many people use Dabo.

I'm curious about the Wikipedia entry. I read the deletion page
arguments, but I don't know enough about how the editors decide these
things to comment. I wonder what it would take to get it restored?

-- p.d.