database trouble!

Jeff

ASP.NET 2.0

I've created 3 users in my webproject.

Today I added this to the web.config of my webproject:
<membership defaultProvider="SqlProvider">
<providers>
<add
name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
/>
</providers>
</membership>

And after I added this to web.config, the webproject says it has 0 users.

I think the error is related to me specifying a different
connectionStringName, but feel that is strage to because I can see
LocalSqlServer used elsewhere in this web.config.

This is the connectionStrings in the web.config:
<connectionStrings>
<add name="aspnet_DB" connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

All I wanted to do is to specify minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters and
requiresQuestionAndAnswer....

Any suggestions??

Jeff

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Check the application name. It is case sensitive. If incorrect, correct it
and you should see users.

Jeff

Application name??

isn't it possible to specify minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters and
requiresQuestionAndAnswer without this:
<membership defaultProvider="SqlProvider">
<providers>
<add
name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
/>
</providers>
</membership>

These are 2 other settings in web.config which are using LocalSqlServer:
<configSections>
<section name="mynetwork" type="AH.MyNetwork.MyNetworkSection, __code"/>
</configSections>
<mynetwork defaultConnectionStringName="LocalSqlServer">
<networking
providerType="AH.MyNetwork.DAL.SqlClient.SqlNetworkingProvider"/>
<logging providerType="AH.MyNetwork.DAL.SqlClient.SqlLoggingProvider"/>
</mynetwork>

These 2 custom settings don't give an error, but
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
gives error... Or I think it is causing the error... I'm not sure... I get
confused about this...

Any suggestions??