Datagrid Dropdown Problems....

Guest

Hi,

Can someone please tell me why this doesn't work! I keep getting an error in
the build saying!

"Argument not specified for parameter 'e' of Public Sub PopulateDropdown..."

I would be really grateful for any help! The dropdownlist is in the footer
of a datagrid and I would like to use it to add and edit records. Thanks for
any help!

...:: CODEBEHIND

Sub PopulateDropdown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
DataGridCommandEventArgs)

' Create connection
Dim Myconn As New
SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("strConn"))
Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("SelectOffice", Myconn)

Myconn.Open()

Dim add_Office As DropDownList
add_Office = CType(e.Item.FindControl("add_Office"), DropDownList)
add_Office.DataSource =
cmd.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection)
add_Office.DataValueField = "officeID"
add_Office.DataTextField = "offName"
add_Office.DataBind()

Myconn.Close()

End Sub

...:: Datagrid

<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Office">
<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:TextBox ID="office" Columns="3" Text='<%# Container.DataItem("offName")
%>' Runat="server" />
</EditItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
<!-- Pull Office Names from Database -->
<asp:DropDownList id="add_Office" runat="server"></asp:DropDownList>
</FooterTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

Ben Lucas

It'd be helpful if you posted the code that made the call into your method.

It looks to me like you are not calling the method correctly. You have a
method here that requires 2 parameters. If you're calling it with something
like:

PopulateDropDown(add_Office)

then that would be your problem. You are not passing it the 2nd parameter.