DataGrid Item Command Event and BoundColumns

New Bee

Im sure nobody is going to bother answering this, but I can live in hope.

I am creating bound columns in the Init event of the page, and this works OK
for Edit and Update events because all the cells appear in the e.Item.cells
collection.

However, if I click on a link which generates a Item Command event, only the
static columns appear in this collection despite the columns having been
built in INIT.

This is most odd behaviour, I have gotten around this by using
Request.Form.Item("grdidname_ctl3_ctr4") type commands which is actually
looking at the data being posted back from the page. This is less than
optimum, because if I want to make changes it can screw things up a bit.

Any thoughts would be welcome on how to overcome this.,