Datagrid Paging Stretch Data

Colin Graham

Hi there just another question regarding paging in a datagrid.

In my datagrid i have paging setup for 10 records per page this is
fine when there are 10 records in the grid. my issue is that if you
have 22 records the first two pages of the grid look fine but the
third page will have the 2 records stretched over the full size of the
grid. i want these two records to appear in the same format as the
other pages ie. records at the top.

is this a known issue ??

is there a work around ??

thanks in advance

Colin

Paul W

well, i have not dealt with this issue myself (yet) but I found an example
that does not have this problem:
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/demos/CustPaging.aspx
the article for this page is here:

I navigated to the last page and it is not stretched (if I am understanding
you correctly).

I know I did not offer you much help, but I was thinking maybe there might
be some information in the article (or some code to make comparisons with)
that might help you.

Colin Graham

thanks for that paul it worked a treat.

on a similar note though ive just incorporated a search box in my web
page with a drop down for criteria. once again when the search starts
if there are 10 records in the datagrid it looks fine but if there are
only two or three records they are stretched over the grid. It just
looks quite untidy.

any ideas as to why this happens ????

csgraham74

Well got this sorted there was a height value on the properties of the
datagrid. When this value was removed the grid stayed the correct size
and did not stretch.

thanks all