DataGrid Template Columns

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jim, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hello All,

    I posted this yesterday with no response . There must be
    a datagrid expert somewhere!!!

    This is my problem. I have a datagrid with some columns
    the first being and ID column, the next column is text, a
    question, the third is a template colum(ItemTemplate).
    The template is a radiobuttonlist with 3 values, 1)Yes, 2)
    No, 3)N/A.
    This is what I need to accomplish.
    1.) Collect the value of the radiobutton selected for each
    row in the grid along with it's corresponding ID(column 1).
    2.) If the useser selects "Yes" in the template column,
    pop_up another window with more questions and collect
    answers to then and their ID value.

    The problem is that I can't get an event to fire when the
    radio button is clicked. I tried the "ItemCommand"
    eventbut that only works for buttons, linked buttons and
    hyperlinks. Is there a way to do what I want to do?
    Please help!!!!! Thanks...... Jim

    Jim, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Jim

    Nomolos Guest

    I have the same type of question. I can't seem to get the TextChanged event
    to fire when using an edit box in a DataGrid.

    Nomolos, Nov 14, 2003