    If I rebind the datagrid before making the references to the textboxes it then contains the data BEFORE the user edited it therefore I lose their changes

    Any ideas how I can keep from losing the textboxes to reference

    And yes, I have enableviewstate set to true for BOTH the page and the datagrid specifically.

    Demetri, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Demetri

    Aaron Weiker Guest

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:56:05 -0800, Demetri wrote:
    > If I rebind the datagrid before making the references to the textboxes
    > it then contains the data BEFORE the user edited it therefore I lose
    > their changes.

    Demetri,
    The order in which things are bound will make a difference in this case.
    First of all you will want to make sure that you only use DataBind() after
    you have done everything with the data that was there previously (posted).
    This means that you will want to handle the update then do the databind. In
    order to provide more specifics it would be beneficial if you could post
    any relevant code.

    --
    Aaron Weiker
    http://aaronweiker.com